Purpose & Scope of This Document
This Privacy Statement regarding Customer and Online User Information (“Privacy Statement”) applies to IOResource Ltd and IOResource (UK) Ltd (“IOResource,” “we” or “our”). This Privacy Statement does not apply to the websites of our Business Partners (as defined below) or to any other third parties, even if their websites are linked to our website. We recommend you review the privacy statements of the other parties with which you interact.
IOResource is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about our customers and contacts (“you”, “your”). We are required under data protection legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy statement.
This Privacy Statement governs Personal Information we collect from our customers, from our website and other online visitors (“you” or “your”), as well as information we automatically collect from your online visits such as data collected via cookies.
For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, “Business Partner” means any subcontractor, supplier or other entity with whom we have an ongoing business relationship to provide products, services or information. “Personal Information” means information that may directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, telephone number, email address, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address and location data.
Article 1 The Information That We Collect:
1.1 General Information:
We may ask you to provide Personal Information when you:
- Use our websites or applications
- Request quotes, services, support, downloads, trials, whitepapers, training or information
- Place orders for products or services or register for events or webinars
- Create and manage an account
- Participate in surveys, or other promotional activities online or any other venue
- Provide a case study or testimonial
- Subscribe to newsletters, partner programs, marketing and promotional emails or other materials
- Contact us.
The type of Personal Information we collect may include your name, email address, address, contact telephone numbers, user IDs and passwords. It may also include work information such as job title and other business or company information. We may also collect demographic information, such as your age, gender, interests, and preferences. Forms that you choose to complete will indicate whether information requested is mandatory or voluntary. If you make a purchase, we may ask for your credit card number and billing information. We may ask for your VAT/TAX/Registration number and other data to process your credit or financing request.
In order to offer you a user experience that is more consistent and personalised in your interactions with IOResource, information collected through one source may be combined with information IOResource obtains through other sources. This may include information that allows us to identify you across multiple devices through which you access our digital platforms. We may also supplement the information we collect with information obtained from other parties, including our Business Partners and other third parties to create customised profiles about you. Examples of how we may use this information include using your data to help us to improve your experience using our website, to present you with options tailored to your preferences and for targeted advertising purposes as outlined in other parts of this document.
Some IOResource services may be offered in conjunction with another company. If you register for or use such services, both IOResource and the other company may receive information collected in conjunction with those services, and may use the information according to each company’s privacy statement and other agreements with you.
1.2 Automated Information Collection:
We may automatically collect behavioural and usage information about your visits to our websites, including the pages you view, the links and advertisements you click, search terms you enter, and other actions you take in connection with IOResource websites and services. We may also collect information from the browser you use to come to our website, such as your IP address, device identifier, location data browser type and language, access times, the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website that referred you to our website and the URL to which you browse away from our site if you click on a link on our site.
1.3 Other Sources of Information:
We may obtain information about you from other sources such as public databases, our Business Partners, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, and from other third parties. Examples of the information we may receive from other parties include: page-view information from some business partners with which we operate services or joint offerings, and credit history information from credit bureaus. Our use of the information might be to better understand your expectations, etc to enhance our ability to provide tailored marketing, products and services to you and to help prevent and detect fraud.
Article 2 Our Use of Personal Information:
IOResource may use your Personal Information to:
- Deliver the products, solutions, services and support or carry out the transactions you have requested
- Personalise content and implement your preferences
- Send communications to you, including information about product safety, your transaction status including notifications about products in your cart and order confirmations, specific IOResource partner programs in which you have chosen to participate, products, solutions and services available from IOResource, events, promotional offers and surveys
- Better understand our customers and online users, including profiling based on interests and interactions with our site
- Facilitate your use of our website, online IOResource chat forums, including IOResource newsgroups and blogs
- Offer Web Chat assistance to respond to your online inquiries
- Facilitate communications from IOResource Business Partners
- Customise, analyse and improve our products, solutions, services (including the content and advertisements on our website to identify usage trends or determine the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns), technologies, communications and relationship with you
- Enforce our conditions of sale, website terms and separate contracts (if applicable) with you
- Prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities
- Protect the security or integrity of our websites, our businesses, and our products or services
- Perform other functions or serve other purposes, as disclosed to you at the point of collection, or as required or permitted by law
Article 3 Data Processing Legalities:
Our legal basis for collecting and using your Personal Information as described in this Privacy Statement will depend on the Personal Information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. In general, we collect and process your Personal Information on one or more of the following basis:
- To comply with a contractual obligation (for example, using your shipment details to make delivery where you have bought a product from us or using your personal details where you have asked us to do something before making a purchase, such as providing you with a quote). We will advise you upon collection whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory and of the possible consequences if you do not provide us with your information.
- For compliance with IOResource legal obligations where other laws require the processing of your personal information (for example, health and safety, taxation and anti-money laundering laws) or where we need your personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
- IOResource (and its Business Partners’) legitimate interests which include the provision of our digital platform and/or relevant products and services, and/or the carrying out of marketing and profiling activities, provided always that our legitimate interests are not outweighed by any prejudice or harm your rights and freedoms.
If you have any questions or need more information concerning the legal basis on which we collect your Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3.2 Retention of Your Data
We will retain your Personal Information as necessary in connection with the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, for as long as your account is active, and in accordance with IOResource’s retention policies and applicable law.
3.3 Transfer of Data To Other Countries
IOResource may transfer your Personal Information to Business Partners, if required for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. This may involve the transfer of your Personal Information to countries outside your home country or region, including outside the European Economic Area which may have a different level of data protection from your home country. In order to provide adequate protection for the transfer of your Personal Information, we have in place contractual arrangements (as appropriate) with companies within our group and Business Partners in respect of such transfers. We will take all reasonable technical and organisational measures to safeguard Personal Information we transfer.
Article 4 Sharing Your Personal Information:
We may share your Personal Information with IOResource Business Partners for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, including (without limitation) to carry out transactions you request, or to make our business more responsive to your needs. IOResource and/or Business Partners may contact you with information about IOResource, and our products, services or offers. We will only share your Personal Information within IOResource and with Business Partners who agree to protect your Personal Information and use it solely for the purposes specified by IOResource.
In addition, IOResource may share your Personal Information with participants in our sales and marketing chain, including but not limited to suppliers, retailers, resellers, distributors, integrators, order fulfillers and some sales agents and channel partners, for the limited purposes of selling, marketing or providing support for IOResource products and services.
We may disclose your Personal Information for any purpose with your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information in connection with law enforcement, fraud prevention or other legal action; as required by law or regulation; if IOResource (or a part of IOResource) is sold or merges with another company; or if IOResource reasonably believes it is necessary to protect IOResource, its customers or the public.
Except as described above, we will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
Article 5 How You Can Access Your Information
IOResource wants to help you keep your Personal Information accurate. To view or update your Personal Information that has been stored by IOResource, please email email@example.com. You may be asked to validate your identity.
Article 6 EU Data Protection Rights
Where the processing of your Personal Information is subject to EU data protection laws, you have the following data subject rights. Please note that these rights are not absolute and in certain cases are subject to conditions as specified in applicable law:
- Access: you have the right to request information about how we process your Personal Information and to obtain a copy of that Personal Information.
- Rectification: you have the right to request the rectification of inaccurate Personal Information about you and for any incomplete Personal Information about you to be completed.
- Objection: you have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information, which is based on our legitimate interests (as described above).
- Erasure: you have the right to request the erasure of your Personal Information (subject to certain conditions).
- Automated decision-making: you have the right not to have a decision made about you that is based solely on automated processing if that decision produces legal or similarly significant effects concerning you.
- Restriction: you have the right to ask us to restrict our processing of your Personal Information, so that we no longer process that information until the restriction is lifted.
- Portability: you have the right to receive your Personal Information, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have that information transmitted to another organisation in certain circumstances.
In addition to the above, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your Personal Information infringes applicable data protection law.
If you have any questions about the type of Personal Information we hold about you or if you wish to request deletion or correction of Personal Information we hold about you, or exercise any other data subject right, please send a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the postal address provided at the bottom of this Privacy Statement. While we will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request, we reserve the right to reject such access requests or to impose restrictions or requirements upon such requests if required or permitted by applicable law.
Article 7 Personalising Your Profile & Preferences
You may choose to receive or not receive marketing communications from IOResource by indicating your preferences. Opportunities to select your preferences include the following:
- You can click “unsubscribe” in any marketing email communications we send you, or by sending us an email at email@example.com.
- You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to opt-out of allowing us to create a customised profile about you.
Any marketing by IOResource, or any third parties on behalf of IOResource, will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws and include (where applicable) methods to allow you to express your preferences (including the possibility of being removed from our advertising and marketing lists as set out above).
Please allow up to 10 working days for your email preferences to take effect. As some promotions, are developed in advance, you may sometimes receive marketing communications after we receive your preference request. If you opt out of receiving marketing communications, we may still communicate with you in connection with transactions you request and/or service related matters.
Article 8 How We Secure Your Personal Information
IOResource takes all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. The ways we do this include:
- Using encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive information, such as credit card details
- Having in place technical and organisational measures designed to ensure the ongoing integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems and services
- Limiting physical access to our premises
- Limiting access to the information we collect about you
- Ensuring that we and our Business Partners have appropriate security safeguards to keep Personal Information secure
- Where required by law, destroying or de-identifying Personal Information.
We encourage you to keep any passwords you use confidential and to be careful to avoid “phishing” scams where someone may send you an email that appears to be from IOResource asking for your personal information.
Article 9 Minors
IOResource takes children’s privacy seriously. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children through our website. If you are a child as understood by laws of your country, please do not submit any Personal Information through our websites without the express consent and participation of a parent or guardian.
Article 10 Cookies and Similar Technologies
A cookie is a piece of text that is placed on your computer. Depending on the settings you have selected, your browser adds the text to your device as a small file. Many browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies as you prefer. The Help Section of your web browser usually tells you how to manage cookie settings.
Cookies allow you to take advantage of some of IOResource features, including allowing you to save Product Information and remembering this information between visits. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of IOResource websites and services that rely on cookies.
Article 11 Targeted Display Advertising by IOResource and Others
Article 12 Do Not Track Signals
Article 13 Targeted Email Marketing by IOResource
Some marketing you receive, including email marketing, may also be personalised based on your visits to ioresource.com and your browsing and purchase history. In addition, when you click on some links in email marketing you receive, our email service provider may place a cookie on your browser. This type of cookie would be linked to your email address or IP address and used to gather information about the products and services you view and select on ioresource.com. Information gathered may be used to personalise and customise future email marketing messages you receive. You may opt out of this use by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in every personalised email marketing message you receive.
Article 14 How We and Our Partners Use Web Beacons, Pixel Tags and Tracking Technology
IOResource or its Business Partners may use web beacons on our websites, in our email messages, in our advertisements on other websites, or in our advertisements in others’ email messages. Similarly, third parties whose content or advertisements appear at ioresource.com, or whose email messages ioresource.com sends to our users, may also place web beacons in their advertisements or email messages for the purposes of measuring the effectiveness of the content, advertisements or email messages.
A web beacon is an electronic image that can be used to recognise a cookie on your computer when you view a web page or email message. Web beacons help us measure the effectiveness of our website and our advertising in various ways. For example, web beacons may count the number of individuals who visit our website from a particular advertisement or who make a purchase from our website after viewing a particular advertisement or they may tell us when a web page is viewed and provide a description of the page where the web beacon is placed. Web beacons may also measure the effectiveness of our email campaigns, by counting the number of individuals who open or act upon an email message, determining when an email message is opened and determining how many times an email message is forwarded. Subject to local laws, we may combine the information that we collect through web beacons with other Personal Information we have collected from you.
We may allow some of our Business Partners to compile individual or aggregated statistics from the use of web beacons on ioresource.com by IOResource, its agents or others, to determine the effectiveness of online marketing and to develop statistics on how often clicking on an advertisement results in a purchase or other action on the advertiser’s site. Aggregate information may include demographic and usage information. No Personal Information about you is shared with Business Partners for this research.
You can make some web beacons unusable by rejecting cookies in your web browser.
When you visit our websites or view one of our email messages, we may use pixel tags (also called “clear” gifs), tracking links and/or similar technology to note some of the pages you visit on our websites. We may also use pixel tags to determine what types of email your browser supports. We may use the information collected through web beacons, pixel tags, tracking links and similar technology in combination with your Personal Information to personalise your experience on ioresource.com and to provide you with more useful and relevant advertisements.
Article 15 Social Media Features
Article 16 Links to Third-Party Websites and Services
Please be aware that IOResource may provide links to other websites, which if you click on them may collect Personal Information about you. The information practices of those third-party websites linked to ioresource.com are not covered by this Privacy Statement.
Article 17 Changes to Our Privacy Statement
We will occasionally update this Privacy Statement. If we make changes to this Privacy Statement or make any material changes to how we use your Personal Information, we will revise this Privacy Statement to reflect such changes. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement to be informed of how we are using and protecting your Personal Information.
If you need to contact us you can do so via our digital media platforms as outlines above or at our address below.
Unit 3 Rathnew Riverside Business Park