The importance of POS systems in businesses should certainly not be overlooked. Not only can a POS system allow your business to accept payments from customers in a variety of different ways, but it also helps to keep track of sales. As a result, these point of sales systems are effective when it comes to organising your finances, as well as improving customer experience. As technology has evolved and developed, the ways in which customers can purchase products or services is becoming more varied. For instance, one stroll down a local high-street and you might see self-service kiosks, mobile pos systems and state of the art peripherals.
At iOResource, we’re a company that provides leading POS products such as POS tablets, self-checkout machines and more. If you feel as though your current POS system is unreliable and is on its last legs, then it might be time to upgrade. Here at iOResource, we have a wide range of products on offer to give you a helping hand when you need it most.
It can sometimes be difficult identifying when is the best time to upgrade your POS system. With this in mind, here are just a few common signs that your POS system needs to be upgraded!
Slow and Buggy POS Software
It goes without saying that both business owners and customers rely on expert software to receive a smooth transaction. When you start to notice that your software is becoming slow, buggy and complicated, then it might be a good time to invest in new software. Slow software can also significantly impact the runnings of your business too. For instance, if the POS software is temperamental and unreliable, then there’s the possibility that your customers will be discouraged from visiting again in the future. Furthermore, long queues can arise if the software is taking ages to complete a transaction. By investing in the latest POS software, you’re able to achieve faster checkout times and enhance the customer experience.
As aforementioned, technology is constantly evolving and that notion is certainly reflected with point of sale systems. Consumers are constantly looking for ways to carry out tasks in the most simple and efficient way possible. For instance, the introduction of ApplePay and Google Pay allows users to pay for products and services with their mobile phones and watches. Having more flexible payment options allows customers to complete a transaction in a variety of different ways.
Having outdated features on your POS system can be detrimental to your business and actually portray your business in a negative light. If your business still has an old system that is looking worse for wear, then customers might associate this with your brand image. In fact, updating your POS system can actually help provide you with more space. Whilst old POS systems are quite bulky, modern systems such as POS tablets allow you to gain more counter space, whilst portraying a modern and clean appearance.
POS systems don’t just provide a better customer experience, but they’re also really handy in terms of stock management too. Inventory can be known as one the biggest drains on cash flow, and that’s where modern POS systems can help. Although you can track inventory manually, the process can be extremely lengthy and the opportunity for mistakes are aplenty. Opting for a POS system that is capable of stock management can be a huge help, allowing you to keep track of sales, re-order stock based on trends and organise your products into categories. This ultimately means you’re able to avoid the risk of being understocked or overstocked. If you find that your POS machine does not have the facilities to be able to provide you with expert stock management services, then it might be a good time to look for an improvement!
At iOResource, we take pride in providing mobile POS systems that can do it all. Renowned for its reliability and long battery-life, we’ve got what it takes to provide you with a system that you can rely and depend on. We’re certainly not short of POS systems either, supplying products from leading manufacturers such as POSbank, Posiflex and Aures technologies.
Incompatible with Cloud-Based Technology
If your POS system is not compatible with cloud-based technology, then this could be a key sign that an upgrade is due. Essentially, cloud-based POS detail software where all the data and information is stored on an online server and can be accessed anywhere. This is different to your traditional POS systems, where the data is stored on a local database, namely a computer’s hard drive.
The benefits of cloud-based POS are somewhat endless. Here are just a few of them:
- Easy Access: Perhaps the most prominent advantage surrounding this technology is that you’re able to access the system and its data from anywhere in the world (as long as you have access to the internet, of course!). This is different to traditional POS systems, where you have to be present at the terminal to actually access the information and carry out a transaction.
- Security is Essential: Keeping data secure and safe is absolutely essential to any business. By opting for a cloud-based system, you can be safe in the knowledge that your transaction data is backed up online and secured on the cloud. In the event of losing or breaking your device, you don’t have to worry about losing your data because it will be backed up!
- Providing Insights: Another benefit of cloud-based technology is that it allows you to gain further insight into your business and how you are performing. This type of software enables you to track transactions and sale histories.
- Cut the Costs – One aspect of cloud-based technology that can go under the radar is cost efficiency. Traditional POS systems require a hard drive to store the data, which can be unreliable and costly. With POS systems, all of your data is stored online so purchasing a hard drive is not an issue!
What to Look For in a POS System
Now that we have addressed the common signs that your POS system needs upgrading, it might be worth knowing what to look for in a POS system too. No matter the size of your company, having the right POS can help the running of your business!
- Features – Considering that POS systems can be used in many different sectors, this means you need to think about what features you require. For instance, if you run a busy cafe, you want to ensure that transactions are carried out quickly. In this scenario, it might be good to invest in a system that allows for mobile payments to speed up payments and reduce queuing times. Before purchasing your system, it is advisable that you make a list of the features you’re looking for.
- Cloud-Based POS Systems – As discussed previously, cloud-based systems are effective because they are connected to the internet, meaning that your data is secure and safe. It also means you’re able to access the terminal from anywhere in the world. It’s important to consider whether you’re looking for this type of POS system or a traditional one instead.
- Matching Your Business’ Growth – Some POS systems are restrictive in the sense that they can only support a number of outlets and registers. With this in mind, it’s important that you choose a POS system that can accommodate your business growth, meaning you don’t have to splash the cash on a brand new POS-system when your business starts to expand.
iOResource, Supplying POS Machines That Are Reliable and Effective
If you’re looking for a company that provides expert POS machines, then iOResource could be the perfect company for you. Operating almost twenty years, we know exactly what it takes to provide you with software that helps your business run smoothly. Whether it be kiosks, mobile POS systems or POS tablets, we’ve got you covered. When an upgrade is needed, we’re the team that can help. We’re able to offer a wide range of POS machines and software that would fit seamlessly into any industry. We’re also able to offer POS hardware systems that come in different colours and memory storage, meaning that it will be hard to hard a machine that doesn’t suit you and your business down to the ground! To find out more about our products and services, then get in touch with our expert team today!